Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New Discoveries

Enjoying a late lunch
As we start venturing out a little more with our little bundle of joy I've noticed something that has bothered me quite a bit. Nine times out of ten there isn't a changing station in mens restrooms.
What the heck society??? Fortunately for Jason I'm almost always with him. But what about the unfortunate fellow that has wandered out to give his wonderful partner a rest and is now faced with a baby that needs a serious diaper change and has no where to go?!?!
Yes, he could go out to the car and do it in there, but why should he have to do that when women can just waltz on into the bathroom, quickly change their baby and be on with their shopping?
The only place that had a satisfactory bathroom situation was IKEA. (Of course they did, they suck you in with everything) IKEA had an entire family ROOM. So both mom, dad, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, granny and pappy could come in!
All I'm saying is to toss another fold down station into the men's room. They need it just as badly as the women do.




Another new discovery? Feeding Harvey real food. WHAT?!?! How is he already 6 months old? I thought that by the time he got to this point I would feel like he was old enough to not survive on breast milk alone. I WAS WRONG! He is very preferential to his breast milk, and only occasionally will tolerate eating something that isn't that.  We've had a successful run with bananas, apples and frozen strawberries that he can suck on. Outside of that he mostly just likes to rub it all over his face. 
Who am I to keep him from utter happiness? He obviously loves to wear it! We'll see what the next 6 months brings on the food front. 

1 comment:

  1. I like to get messy when I eat, too! Too bad I'm not as cute as your little man...and AMEN! It's time for a change in EVERY men's room!

    ReplyDelete