Sunday, June 10, 2012

We made it!

Okay, so one of the hardest days of my life are over. I championed watching Darek graduate. It seemed like a movie. There was no way that at the end of this my little baby brother was going to be done with high school, but alas- here he is. A graduate.

And now that he is a graduate, he gets to hang out at the house with me and Harvey every day. It has been amazing. I'm so thankful that his heart is so big. All Harvey has to do is whine and Darek is on it. Scoops him right up and runs for me- "Nae, I think he wants you!"

Harvey has recently discovered his tongue, making handing him to strangers a gamble. Is he going to lick their face? Is he going to suck their shoulder? Some people aren't as clean as a parent may like them to be when handing over their new baby. It's been an adventure so far.

Another new discovery is that he can indeed make sound outside of crying. He has mastered these short Huh Huh Huh sounds- one right after the other, at four in the morning, when he really wants mommy to just pay attention. I'm in love. So many amazing new things that he can do, and that now Darek gets to experience daily!

Stay tuned for a more updated post...I'm writing this during a quick diaper change while daddy is here! Early bedtime= more posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment