Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

All right! We have successfully made it through our first year as parents. How did we do it? I really can't say other than I'm so very thankful for gut feelings and mommy instincts. 2012 was a year full of rewards. We gained a beautiful baby boy! We lost an entire income and became more aware of what was important to us. We read almost 30 books between the two of us and lost nearly 100 lbs. All in all I think we rocked out 2012.

Now for 2013. Our goals for this year aren't extravagant.
1- Become a self sustaining household.
2- Find a job for Jason that can satisfy his desires rather than just our bills
3- Add another sweet face to our family
4- Find a place that we can really start to call home.

I think those all satisfy a greater part of our lives. Sure we can all always stand to lose a few pounds, tighten up here and there but I want to start looking at the bigger picture and what impact each decision I make has on it.

We are happy first and foremost. I'm satisfied and then some with how our lives are going at this moment. We continue to make strides towards our dreams and most importantly we continue dreaming.

A farm? Yes.
A big family? Yes.
A home to house us all? Yes.
Convince friends to go with us so we can have a small community of like minded people? It's in the works.

I'm keeping in mind that every day is a new day full of opportunity and choices, I'm trusting myself to make the choices that will bring us closer and closer to our end goal.

You never have to wait for a new year to "start things off right". There is always the next moment that you can decide whether or not things are going how you want them to and make the choice to blow that out of the water.

Here's to all of your resolutions and may you all stick to them and realize whatever goal you have set!

What are you looking for in 2013?

2 comments: