Friday, January 25, 2013

I'm Nursing The Next Star of Cirque Du Solei

I’ll spare you the pictures of my “tee-tah’s” for now. But you must know the beating they are taking with my extended nursing plan.  Harvey is just a few days away from being a year old.  *moment to process the fact that an ENTIRE year has come and gone* Along with the one year of life under his belt he has also developed a few other fun things, like 10 teeth and dexterity!  My normal 30 minute bonding sessions have turned into wild acrobatic adventures.


He has learned to maneuver himself into all sorts of fun pretzel like situations. My personal favorite is the alligator death roll, while still nursing the entire time! A new one developed just yesterday is balancing his head on one arm of the chair and his feet on the other making a perfect little Harvey triangle- again, all while still nursing.
Another fun one (we co-sleep) is demanding to have both breasts present while eating. I don’t know about where you live and how well your home is  heated but our is old and drafty and hovering around the 60 degree mark inside. My nipples were not meant to withstand that sort of cold! So while I’m trying to wrap my free milk machine in the t shirt he is wiggling his icy hands under it to get in there.
I am more and more impressed with his crafty ways.
Bring it on year two!

No comments:

Post a Comment